Allow myself to introduce... myself.

 Hello,

My name is Anna.  I am Deaf.  I was born in Russia.  I am expecting to open my own restaurant later this year.   In 2021 I completed my Bachelor of Science degree in Global Business Management.  Prior to that I worked at a variety of restaurants including high-end national industrial chains and locally owned bars.  While the high-end restaurants taught me how to hold high standards in cleanliness, ingredient control and recipe standardization, the local establishments gave me the experience of being the sole chef serving hundreds of people in a single night.  It also taught me that some people will disregard good advice, especially when it comes from a Deaf person.

These experiences have lead me to the conclusion that I need to establish my own restaurant, hire Deaf and disabled workers and lead by example in how to improve communication and trust between Deaf and hearing people.  This blog is intended to help support other Deaf people who wish to step into management or ownership positions, regardless of the business.

Posts will be made as I have inspiration, observations or frustrations.  I expect to post on a weekly basis.

You can directly visit the blog at the following address: defburger.blogspot.com

I wish to share my thoughts and questions with interested people so that we all can learn better how to navigate the business world with both Deaf and hearing participants.  Deaf people generally solve the communication problems that hearing people face when confronted with us.  We teach signs, we provide pen and paper, we use our phones, we know the technology and services and provide the necessary information to smooth out the communication crisis that so many hearing people imagine because they don't have experience working with us.


Comments

Popular Posts